Our client, a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals, is looking for an ambitious Payroll Assistant to support their Payroll team. This is a critical role providing high-quality level support in their payroll and internal accounting functions. You will be reporting directly to the Payroll Manager and comes with an exceptional opportunity for advancement to management.
A career with our client is the opportunity to do work that matters. It's the chance to use your knowledge to shape what's ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a law firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
If you're someone who's looking toward the future, we'd love to hear from you.
location: Deerfield Beach, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 45,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Responsible for processing the semi-monthly payroll for the firm.
- Handle all payroll deduction/garnishments issues and employee verifications
- Accurately calculating all overtime and other payments or adjustments
- Maintain PTO accruals and time taken
- Maintain 401k and health benefits deductions
- Audit payroll to maintain integrity
- Timely run semi-monthly payroll reports and other reports as needed
- Communicate key changes and payroll status to the Payroll Manager
- Monitor employee time entry to ensure entries are correct and submitted timely
- Special projects as needed for upper management
- Provide backup support for other Internal Accounting roles
- 2- 3 years in a Payroll specific role; FPC or CPP preferred
- Knowledge of Paylocity and familiar with custom reporting.
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, under deadline pressure
- Familiarity with a professional services environment
- Law firm experience a plus
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com.
skills: 401K, Human Resources, ERISA, Unemployment, Commissions, Benefit Administration, Payroll Processing, Data Processor, Withholding Taxes, Deferred Compensation, Payroll Tax-Multistate, 1099s, Federal State Reports, Payroll - 50 - 500, W-2 End of Year, Workers Compensation Reporting Claims, $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.