My client who is an industry leader in the retail space is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join their team. This is an opportunity to join a high energy, fast paced team who strives to promote from within.
As an Aaron's Accountant, you'll be responsible for preparing monthly, quarterly and year end journal entries while also performing reconciliations and audit schedules. Job Duties
- Gather and analyze high transaction volume data from multiple sources including other internal departments and outside vendors in a timely manner to prepare journals meeting strict deadlines each month.
- Analyze journals as prepared to proactively note and potentially resolve large variances from month to month.
- Reconcile balance sheet and inter-company accounts to ensure reconciling items are cleared timely.
- Use accounting judgment with situational data in order to properly represent financial statements according to company standards and GAAP.
- Answer profit and loss statement related questions from up to 2,100 stores monthly. Develop and implement accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Process daily requests, quarterly and annual schedules from other departments, internal and external audit.
- Review/code/approve vendor national accounts, taxes and license invoices for proper coding.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Deadline driven with strong research, analysis, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP, month end close process, and account reconciliation procedures. Working knowledge Word/Outlook/Access and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while managing shifting priorities. Comfortable with complex mathematical equations and formulas.
- Preferred working knowledge of Lawson Financial Suite or other ERP.
Team members enjoy access to career training and advancement opportunities, and are rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes
- Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Team Member purchase discounts
At Aaron's we offer sales and lease-to-ownership of specialty items including furniture, consumer electronics, home appliances, and accessories throughout the United States and Canada. Our customers shop at Aaron's for the same reason you should choose us for the next step in your career - our ability to positively influence people's lives. If you are looking for a company with the passion and dedication to make a difference in the lives of customers and team members alike, join us today.
location: Kennesaw, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings that are in compliance with GAAP, for assigned business locations.
- Review, prepare and post all journal entries.
- Reconcile inter-company transactions on a monthly basis
- Ensure all transnational activity
- Analyze financial statements including P&L on a monthly basis and provide variance reports for distribution to management.
- Help to develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Have at least 2 years of Accounting experience
- Public Accounting experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Month end/quarter end close experience is required
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
For immediate and confidential consideration for this role, please email your resume to Reggie Whisenton at email@example.com.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.