Fast growth, technology company in Palm Beach County is looking to hire a Corporate Controller who will oversee all accounting and financial reporting processes, ensuring that all adequate controls, checks and balances are in place. The Controller will be responsible for managing banking, lending and investment relationships, and will ensure compliance with all external reporting covenants and obligations. The Controller will also be the primary liaison between the company and its external auditors and tax professionals.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
- Review and record journal entries required to accurately reflect the monthly activity
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Preparation of monthly financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and related footnotes
- Preparation of annual budget
- Coordinate the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm to include producing workpapers and required analysis
- Develop and track financial metrics to provide insight to senior management on financial measures of growth, efficiency, and profitability
- Perform cash projections to effectively manage/protect cash balances and anticipate future funding needs
- Preparation of quarterly reforecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
- Develop and manage processes for billing of all company services per client contracts
- Track outstanding receivables and pursue collection as required
- Manage accounts payable, establish prudent controls for cash disbursements and expense validation and approval.
- Maintenance of fixed asset records for both asset tracking and depreciation recognition
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes for internal controls as well as to insure the efficiency and integrity of the close and reporting cycles
- Oversight of the Human Resources function, including the preparation of the semi-monthly payroll and review of corporate compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree in business administration with an emphasis in accounting
- An MBA degree and/or C.P.A. accreditation is preferred but not required
- 15+ years' experience in the accounting and finance
- 5+ years in a Controller position in a private, investor backed services company, preferable with a successful growth record and with a broad set of management responsibilities, possibly including Human Resources, Facilities management, legal & contracting, and/or treasury management.
- Must have strong software and technology skills
- Excellent grasp of accounting principles and processes; ability to build procedures to ensure accuracy, GAAP compliance, and transparency to senior management
- Exceptional computer skills with Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, and ADP Payroll
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.