Now Seeking a part time Senior Accountan
t in the Nashville are to start right away. Would you like the opportunity to get your foot in the door for one of the worlds largest insurance brokers? Here is your chance. This will begin as a remote role and could have the potential to go permanent if the need is there. We are seeking someone willing to work 25-30 hours on a weekly basis through the end of the year, if this were to go permanent you would be working full time hours. Seeking someone with a minimum of 5 up to 10 years accounting experience along with their Degree in Finance or Accounting. Experience with a public accounting firm is a plus, CPA preferred. Must have the ability to work from home if needed.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $42 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate fee agreements to ensure appropriate revenue recognition.
- Field questions regarding the appropriate recognition of revenue.
- Complete quarterly schedules to aid the consolidation team in ASC 606 reporting
- Perform analysis to validate topside accrual/reserve balances are reasonable
- Will be responsible for a set of accounts to review monthly in Blackline.
- Prepares journals and account reconciliations.
- Research and document balance sheet analysis and investigate P&L variances.
- Current GAAP knowledge and ability to determine appropriate accounting treatment for a wide variety of circumstances.
- May be required to compile and support internal and external auditors' requests for information and documentation.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and data analytics.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and ability to multi-task.
- Requires at least 5 years, up to around 10 years of experience in the accounting field. Not looking for someone with more than around 10 years of experience as we do not want someone too overqualified. Not looking for a manager for this role.
- Experience with public accounting firm is a plus.
- Accounting or Finance degree required, CPA preferred.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Oracle and/or Blackline experience a plus
- Candidates must be a strong independent worker. We need candidates that can step in and hit the ground running, especially if the role is remote right off the bat.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.