Social Media Manager, Tech Comms Editorial
Our client, a Fortune 100 social media and technology company, is looking to bring on a Social Media Manager for a one year contract at their offices in Menlo Park.
location: Menlo Park, California
job type: Contract
salary: $50.00 - 58.82 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Managing the social media accounts for several public company channels targeting different audiences:
- Engineering (aimed at the engineering community)
- AI (aimed at AI researchers and engineers)
- Tech (aimed at the general audience of people who are interested in new technology, but aren't computer engineers or experts themselves)
You'll coordinate with our broader team of editors, comms leads, and graphic designers to make sure we're using these channels to serve our target audiences well and achieve our broader goals. Those goals are:
- Building awareness of the company's latest work in engineering, research, and developing new technology.
- Supporting key Comms initiatives, such as major announcements about our technical work.
- Growing our social channels, so we're reaching more people in our specific target audiences and engaging effectively with people on these social channels.
- Driving engagement with our content.
You'll make sure our social content is accurate, on voice, timely, and compelling to each channel's target audience.
- Manage all social media posts for these channels: planning, getting content, writing posts, managing approvals, coordinating on timing, overseeing boosting and social ad campaigns.
- Manage community engagement according to the company's guidline.
- Manage metrics and generate regular reports on our social channels' performance against our goals.
- Expertise in managing social media accounts for large companies.
- Writing and editing for social - ideally for channels aimed at a specific subject expert audience. (e.g., engineers, researchers, scientists.)
- Expertise in social strategy.
- Managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Twitter, FB Analytics, Google Analytics.
- Facebook and Twitter boosting and ads management.
- Experience moderating a niche social community.
- 3+ years of experience
If this sounds like you, please apply today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.