A Randstad Client is seeking an Staff Accountant to add to their fun team!
You will be responsible for all accounting and reporting for various locations and funds. Primary liaison with field for daily transactions and finance related issues.
Reconcile assigned divisional exchange accounts. Backup for other assigned functions.
Located off 71/91 FWY
location: Compton, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Prepare monthly journal entries for assigned funds and inter-company general journals as assigned.
- Review incoming cash receipts, accounts payable and corporate credit card transactions; verify general ledger coding, ensure accurate and timely payments and posting, and ensure client policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure timely and accurate month-end and year-end closing; generate monthly financial statements and other required reports and distribute them properly by applicable deadline.
- Coordinate monthly grant revenue recognition with field personnel to ensure accurate accrual, billing and reporting.
- Review and publish accurate monthly financial statements; review financial statements, provide financial analysis and contact field personnel Corps for budget variances on a monthly basis or as needed; track capital projects/deferred maintenance projects for assigned locations.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Provide liaison between Finance and locations serviced related to A/P, Cash receipts and reporting, follow up with pending questions/issues.
- Coordinate funding for deferred maintenance projects.
- Reconcile assigned divisional exchange accounts; perform assigned inter-company general entries on a timely basis.
- Provide training to field personnel for TSA policy and procedures. Ensure TSA policies and procedures related to bookkeeping and accounting are followed.
- Provide oversight for the maintenance of Custodian accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of internal, and external audit schedules.
- Co-ordinate and assist with preparation and implementation of budget for the assigned Corps.
- Perform projects and research related to assigned locations/funds.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- A bachelor's degree from a four-year accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 semester (or 24 quarter) units in accounting.
- Minimum 2-5 years strong general ledger accounting experience.
Apply now for this great opportunity!!
skills: Excel, General Ledger, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.