Growing commercial construction company in Tampa looking to fill an Estimator position. Will work directly with the Project Executive to bid on commercial construction projects for a variety of projects in Florida, mostly in the healthcare field. At least 1 year estimating experience required. College degree is preferred but not required.
location: Tampa, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Perform take-offs:
- Read and interpret construction plans
- Complete material take-offs using construction software
- Request bids from subs and vendors
- Communicate and build relationships with preferred subs and vendors
- Request pricing and answer vendor questions
- Organize and track bidding process
- Build construction budgets:
- Study construction plans to determine required materials/trades
- Measure and calculate material quantities
- Using MS Excel, build detailed construction budgets
- Prepare detailed construction proposals
- Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related fields are preferred, but will substitute degree for solid experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience in cost estimating and cost control in the commercial construction
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Bluebeam, Primavera P6, PlanSwift and HCSS Heavybid estimating (or equivalent).
- Ability to read construction plans- required
- Detail oriented
- Great communication skills
skills: $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.