Randstad Professionals is looking for an Accounting Manager to start a temporary to direct hire position in the Huntersville area. This role will offer the opportunity to grow an emerging construction companies accounting team.
location: Huntersville, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all functions of the accounting department, including both Accountants and Accounting Clerks including related performance appraisals, managing departmental time/time-off/coverage and time sheets. Conducts all personnel functions in accordance with applicable statues (e.g. EEO, OSHA, Fair Labor, etc.).
- Assigns, directs, and reviews the work and performance of assigned staff including training and cross-training staff. Makes recommendations to the VP & Controller with respect to hires, terminations, promotions, and transfers. Participates in cross-functional and large scale projects impacting the Accounting department and the Credit Union.
- Responsible for the daily operational accounting, controls, and balancing functions ensuring that controls are operating as intended.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll accounting and related accruals. Completes various monthly and quarterly reports for all stakeholders of the Credit Union.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of various regulatory and IRS reports (i.e. Call Report, 945), management reporting, projections and/or financial analysis to facilitate decision making.
- Prepares monthly financial reports for management and the Board of Directors ensuring budget variances are investigated and understood. Handles maintenance of all related software programs including the General Ledger.
- Provides coaching to employees to enhance their knowledge and understanding of the work, increasing their productivity and preparing them for future advancement within the organization.
- Assists all internal and external auditors by supplying records/reports, fulfilling requests, and answering all related questions raised by the auditors. Supplies remediation strategies for resolving all audit findings.
- Ensures the Fedline network is operational and functioning properly while also acting as our End User Authorization Contact (EUAC).
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
- Regular and consistent attendance required.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Knowledge & Skills
- Promotes a positive relationship between the members (internal and external) and the Credit Union and understands that service delivery to members is the number one priority of the Credit Union.
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA preferred.
Qualified and interested candidates please apply or send your resume to email@example.com.
skills: General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.