The Underwriter will review and underwrite mortgage, SBA, CRE and multi-family loans. They will refer to documented policies and procedures to guide and support the review and decision making process.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Performs duties related to the credit review of manually underwritten SBA 504 & 7a loans, as well as Conventional CRE loans
- Seeks the advice of senior team members on more complex and questionable issues that are outside of the assigned scope
- Performs basic research together with financial and statistical analysis to determine and support the applicant's credit worthiness.
- Prepares analysis, reports and presentations for review and approval
- Ensures all transactions and processing are in compliance with regulatory and Bank guidelines, policies and procedures
- Spreads financial statements, tax returns and related information on borrower, guarantor and any affiliates to excel spreadsheets and/or software programs for analysis
- Reviews the information received to date and completes a Loan Checklist to determine what additional information is needed to submit the request to credit and works with the Referral Partner or Borrower to obtain that information
- Prepares updated Checklists as required and as information is received, reviews and saves it to SBA SharePoint site in a Borrower's File using the File Naming Convention
- Conducts credit investigations and prepares submission credit memo summarizing the business operation and the loan request including: use of proceeds, nature and history of the business, management experience, the source of the capital injection, justification for any add backs to cash flow, explanation for any adverse business trends, any additional collateral to be taken, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- Two years of credit or underwriting experience at a Bank is desired
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established time-frames.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong math aptitude, organizational and analytical skills
- Computer literate; fluency in Microsoft Office programs, Excel analysis required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge of SBA loan structuring, underwriting, documentation and credit
- Knowledge of SBA 7a, 504 and CAP line programs, and eligibility requirements is helpful.
- Formal Credit Training is a plus
- Exceptional analytical, reasoning, organization, problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
skills: Commercial Lending, Loan Processing, Underwriting, Loan Administration, Mortgage Underwriting, Loan Review, Commercial Credit Administration, Commercial Credit Trained, Commercial Credit Analysis, Commercial Real Estate Lending
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.