As the Financial Accountant
you will primarily be responsible for Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets and other related monthly close journal entries, account reconciliations and activities. They will ensure compliance with related Business Processes and Policies.
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $26.44 - 28.54 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Review supplier invoices, complete appropriate checks for business approval and/or PO matching and enter the invoice details into ERP system.
- Ensure timely and compliant processing of supplier invoices which include matching, correcting pricing, and coding invoices.
- Manage payment controls and ensure all supplier payments are accurate and comply with various company policies.
- Manage fixed assets by ensuring items were properly authorized, categorized, assigned proper useful life and depreciation is properly recorded.
- Review Construction in Progress (CIP) and ensure "in service" dates are updated timely.
- Ensure proper impairment or disposal entries are recorded.
- Assist in the design, development, documentation and implementation of internal controls.
- Assist audit, tax and other compliance requests as needed.
- Support Controller with additional projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- IT skills and experience with ERP/Excel and similar tools are an advantage
- Technical knowledge of current accounting standards and US GAAP
- Proactive self-motivated approach
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing environment
- Strong verbal, analytical and inter-personal skills
- High level of integrity and understanding of internal controls, including SOX compliance
skills: Excel, General Ledger, Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Consolidations, GAAP, Invoices, Purchase Orders, SOX, Excel Pivot Tables
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.