Successful high growth Retail / Consumer Products company is seeking a Manager of Inventory Accounting to support the Director of Accounting. The position will manage 2 direct reports, plan, organize, direct and control inventory transaction processing operations. Qualified candidates will have 5-10+ years of inventory accounting experience within a retail or consumer goods industry environment.
location: Emeryville, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Works with inventory staff, supply chain finance, plant and IT personnel to develop optimal flow of inventory data for cost accounting system.
- Establishing, implementing and documenting new policies and procedures related to inventory.
- Performs month-end accounting activities, including preparing, reviewing and analyzing all inventory related entries to the ledger and financial statements to provide accurate inventory valuation and reporting.
- Trains, develops and manages the performance of 2 inventory staff providing ongoing training, feedback and timely performance and pay reviews.
- Oversee the direct store delivery (DSD) inventory and implement best practices throughout the field.
- Main point of contact for the Microsoft D365 ERP implementation for inventory.
- Manages item setup and BOM cost changes in ERP. Also, work closely with Retail Operations and Procurement on item set up and maintenance.
- Monitors manual and system purchase orders and receipts co-pack activity. Research and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Manages annual standard costing process across all categories.
- Performs monthly purchase price variance and inventory adjustment analysis; review the updated standard material costs for items with large purchase price variances.
- Analyze quarterly inventory obsolescence and challenge provision for reserve. Make recommendation on provision balance required and process changes as necessary.
- Perform count variance analysis for mid-year and year-end physical inventory (PI) and reconcile inventory and adjustment impact before and after PI.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of inventory sub-ledger to general ledger.
- Prepares schedules and analysis required for external audit.
- Ad hoc analysis related to inventory and COGS fluctuations.
- A minimum of 5-7 years' experience in accounting with hands-on supervisory experience with manufacturing and multi-site inventory operations.
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning systems. Experience with system integrations and development of automated processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills.
- S. or B.A. required.
- CPA or CMA preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.