We are seeking a Underwriting and Processing Manager for a permanent opportunity with a large, San Diego based, Financial Institution located in Central San Diego. The Underwriting and Processing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the real estate underwriting, processing, and transaction teams.
Qualified candidates will have a strong background in financial services underwriting specific to real estate transactions.
Competitive benefits are offered including:
- Low employee paid portion of medical/dental/vision through multiple provider plans
- 401k match (100% employer match up to to 6% of employee contribution, and traditional discretionary employer contribution up to 2%)
- 18 days of PTO in addition to paid holidays
- Discretionary quarterly bonuses
- Onsite fitness classes
- Tuition reimbursement
location: San Diego, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: TBD
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Monitors the individual and department underwriting and processing times
- Makes final approval/denial decisions on customer loans
- Conducts research on risk assessment and financial modeling determining decisions for loan approvals
- Develops underwriting procedures and operational planning
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in federal real estate underwriting and loan processing (FNMA/FHLMC)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience in report preparation/analysis, appraisal reporting, and personal/corporate tax returns
Click to apply now or submit your application through our Candidate Portal
skills: Loan Processing, Underwriting, Loan Administration, Mortgage Underwriting, Loan Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.