Miami entertainment company seeking to hire a Controller immediately. This position offers excellent work/life balance and stability.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Manage monthly close process to ensure accurate financial bookings and timely reporting of financials and balance sheet reviews to senior management for all LatAm legal entities.
- Financial accounting across multiple feeds, channels & departments, with focus on accurate revenue and cost accruals. Involves journal entry review, Interco management, channel reviews and decision making in judgmental areas.
- Supporting multiple P&L owners to validate & understand financial performance of each channel on a monthly and quarterly basis, providing analysis and back up as needed.
- Identification and communication of risks & opportunities impacting on the monthly & quarterly results and supporting FP&A counterparts in the forecasting and budgeting processes to validate key accounting assumptions to ensure these are accurately reflected.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders - including Opco functional leads, local accounting teams, International Networks Group Controller, Corporate Finance, Tax, Treasury, and outsource partners in particular managing the relationship with the local tax & accounting service providers.
- Ensuring local statutory and tax compliance incl. VAT, WHT and transfer pricing, liaising with the corporate tax team where necessary. key contact for local authorities across the region and 3 rd party statutory auditors.
- Ensure monthly payroll processes operate smoothly and that monthly reconciliation to the ledgers is performed.
- Qualified accountant with at least 8 years of relevant accounting experience in US GAAP
- Must be fully bilingual in English/Spanish, both oral and written
- Experience in controllership/reporting and monthly close processes, including ERP systems preferably SAP
- Experience of accounting in multiple currency environments and multiple statutory environments
For immediate consideration please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.