A SouthBay Construction company seeks an experienced Controller to directly manage an accounting team, construction payroll, payable and billing/receivable functions.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Overseeing all General Ledger and reporting including, but not limited to, AR, AP, Job Cost and Equipment Cost
- Oversee the operations Accounting team necessary to achieve its' goals and objectives
- Oversee and improve the accounting operations especially through control systems, efficient transaction processing and adherence to Company policies.
- Ensure that accounts receivables are collected
- Oversee and ensure payroll is processed weekly in a timely manner
- Oversee/manage Cash flow forecasts, monthly bank reconciliations, and satisfactory handling of all payable obligations/discounts
- Ensure monthly financial statements including balance sheets and profit and loss statements are completed within time frames
- Analyze monthly results versus budget and investigate significant variances.
- Work closely with the external auditors to provide necessary data for the completion of the annual financial statement audit
- Monitor debt schedules and proper
- Oversee/Monitor compliance with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including but not limited to payroll tax, sales tax, use tax, business fees
- Establish and monitor processes to record, verify and report the value of ATS's assets, liabilities, debts and expense
- Work with the Executive team to create, monitor and test policies and guidelines to keep ATS and its affiliates in compliance with all government regulatory agencies
- Familiarity with union laws and regulations
- Degree in Accounting preferred with MBA and/or CPA a plus
- 5-8 years of experience
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with Senior Management to ensure financial directives are followed
- Experience managing an accounting department
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A quick learner, deadline driven, with a can do attitude are essential traits for our successful
Qualified and Interested candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Accruals, Human Resources, Benefit Administration, Payroll Accounting & Benefits, $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.