Our client is a large international specialty insurance company who is searching for a Senior Accountant for their downtown Chicago office! This is an excellent position for someone looking for global experience and growth opportunities with competitive pay! High visibility position reporting directly to the AVP of Finance and responsible for day-to-day finance operations, forecasting and budget process.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Manage the expense forecasting and budget process and provide budget to actual analysis on a monthly basis.
- Key stakeholder in audit processes, ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines and that all internal and external requirements are met.
- Key stakeholder in the annual tax return process for Federal, State and Local Tax returns to the relevant authorities.
- Maintain key relationships with the global Finance Team to ensure company wide initiatives are complied with and inter-company balances are reconciled.
- Provide revenue information and reports required for monthly/quarterly Board Presentations to the AVP/VP Finance and present information where required.
- Oversight of the offshore accounts receivable team.
- Reconciliation of the fixed asset register.
- Completion of the monthly journal entry process.
A degree from a four year accredited institution
CPA or CPA eligible
2-4 years of accounting experience, public accounting preferred
Insurance or reinsurance experience is desired but not mandatory
Experience with banking platform, ideally JP Morgan Access
Excellent IT skills, in particular an advanced level of MS Excel
Self motivator with ambition to work within an ever growing and evolving organization
Interested in learning more? Please reach out to Bridget Janso at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
skills: General Ledger, Fixed Assets, CPA, Month-End Close, CPA Candidate, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.