job summary: Exciting Non for Profit opportunity!
This Senior Staff Accountant will play a key role on the general ledger team by performing tasks related to account reconciliations, journal entry preparation, month end close support, and other accounting and reporting duties. Individual will provide accounting support to other teams in the organization as well as other members of the Shared Services finance team and organizational leadership. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid accounting knowledge and experience with internal controls with the ability to solve research and resolve problems
- Effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to be self-directed, take ownership, and complete work in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively, exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to achieve shared goals
- Prior experience with MIP Software
- Not-for-profit healthcare industry experience
location: Seattle, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
responsibilities: JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts
- Prepare journal entries such as to record accounting activity to the General Ledger as assigned
- Provide accounting support to cost center owners and other business partners
- Support financial statement audit requests, specific to areas of responsibility
- Load monthly activity into the General Ledger from supporting systems
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position does not manage or supervise people.
qualifications: EDUCATION AND TRAINING
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required
- Non profit experience preferred
- None required, but willingness to pursue an accounting or finance certification is highly desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.