The position of the Financial Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the financial reporting activities for the corporation and its subsidiaries. In addition, this position will be responsible for participating in the financial close, maintenance of the General Ledger (G/L), journal entries, consolidations and other various duties in support of the Controller Function.
location: Newark, Delaware
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
Responsibilities: Primary Duties:
- Meet performance expectations for the financial close process.
- Oversee financial policies and procedures pertaining to business processes and internal controls to ensure that the company's assets are safeguarded.
- Support the provision of technical accounting advice and services to accountants or other staff with problems, complex issues or special projects.
- Stay current on new accounting pronouncements and be prepared to research and provide management with information on how they would impact.
- Prepare financial statements for internal and external parties to include monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Provide analytics on anomalies as identified in the close process.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management to support the company or Accounting department.
qualifications: Education & Experience
Over 6 year's experience in financial reporting, G/L closes, consolidations.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a Master's degree preferred.
CPA with accounting firm experience preferred. Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong understanding of the financial reporting function and of general accounting processes.
- Experience with Dynamics accounting software a plus.
- Experience working with reporting and consolidation tools.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good organization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask, effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Works well independently or as a member of a team.
- Experience with MS Office products, Excel in particular.
skills: Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.