We are partnering with an exciting manufacturing client who is seeking for an Assistant Controller to join their small and dynamic accounting team. This is an excellent opportunity for an accounting professional who enjoys working on process improvements as well as managing and mentoring a team. Ideal candidate will offer 7+ years of manufacturing industry experience, a proven track record of process improvements, expertise with large ERP systems and hands on managerial/ leadership experience, including performance evaluations.
Employer is a division of approximately $150M + in yearly revenues; parent company is a publicly traded organization.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing systems and processes for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
- Providing timely and accurate financial data to management will be of utmost importance as this position will also provide assistance in measuring and defining business strategy and financial performance.
- Must be able to develop metrics for measuring performance. Implementation of policies and procedures while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures (GAAP, SOX) is required.
- Directly manage a team of 4. This will require the ability to attract, develop & retain team members to carry out required objectives.
- Directly or indirectly support and oversee accounting responsibilities for five locations split between two divisional management groups.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 7+ years of manufacturing industry experience
- 3+ years of management experience in the field
- Experienced with large ERP systems, such as Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, etc.
- Strong proficiency with MS Excel
- Proven track record of process improvements
We are actively interviewing. If you are interested, please apply or email your resume directly to Karla.Alfonzo@randstadusa.com
skills: SAP, Excel, General Ledger, Supervision, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, General Accounting and Finance Skills, $100-250 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.