job summary: HR Payroll Coordinator for entertainment studio in the Los Angeles area.
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Coordinator for a position that can start immediately.
location: Glendale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Control, process and record all payroll and related functions accurately, efficiently, on time and in compliance with all applicable policies, rules and regulations
- Ensure accuracy of timekeeping systems and records, coordinating with management personnel regarding timekeeping issues and related documentation
- Confirm accuracy and compliance of all paid time off and attendance systems and records, coordinating with management and H.R. on attendance matters and applicable policy, procedures, absence/leave benefits etc.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of vacation accrual balances for union and non- union employees, prepare and distribute all related analysis, reports etc.
- Reconcile time and payroll data prior to final transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Review and validate completed weekly payroll cycles, ensure any errors are identified, processed and resolved satisfactorily for union and non-union employees
- Process wage garnishments, manual checks, PTO, attendance and all other payroll tasks, and analysis/reports as scheduled or requested by management (e.g. labor, overtime, LOA, pay scale, headcount etc.)
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Accounting, payroll system personnel, bank contacts, union personnel and all internal/external contacts in coordinating and managing effective, accurate and efficient payroll systems, practices and procedures
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all payroll and employee data, controlling and securing all payroll and employee information, systems, records etc. in compliance with all regulatory, payroll and H.R. policies and procedures
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of rules and laws governing payroll practices (e.g. wage and hour, state/federal/local law, taxation, payroll deductions, employer benefits etc.) to ensure payroll processes and functions are updated in compliance with regulatory changes
- Maintain continuous education of payroll best practices
- Coordinate with H.R. Director on all system changes, updates etc.
- Determine, develops, and implements processes and procedures to ensure compliance with internal policies, federal and state law, CBA's and other regulatory requirements
- Resolve payroll inconsistencies by analyzing missing information
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests to all employees and managers
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes on a timely basis
- Strictly follows compliance with federal, state and union regulations
- Communicate with managers to approve or decline vacation/sick requests on payroll system.
- Prepare miscellaneous payroll-related correspondence, memos, spreadsheets, reports and forms as needed
- Run reports to ensure accurate number of hours and/or overtime are calculated for current pay period
- Issue written and oral instructions to managers and new employees regarding time sheets, time and labor functions and payroll procedures
- 2+ years of payroll experience, preferably someone with multi-state experience
- 2+ years of Production Payroll experience preferred but not necessary
- ADP and/or Workday experience preferred
- AA Degree or Higher
skills: MS Office, Human Resources, Payroll - 50 - 500, Payroll - 500+, $0-50 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.