Randstad Professionals is actively assisting a long time client with its search for a Controller in Asheville, NC. Our client is a well established and profitable organization with a strong track record of employee development and retention. They are offering a strong compensation and benefits package and are looking to hire quickly.
location: Asheville, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Preparing and reviewing individual, LLC and corporate (both C and S corps) returns.
- Working in a team environment and be career minded.
- Advise clients and be responsible for delivering high-quality tax service and advice
- Participate in and contribute to market and business activities external to the firm
- Ability to research tax issues and correspond with tax authorities
- Medical insurance for employee, Long-term disability, 401(k), 2 weeks vacation, 7 paid holidays, 5 personal days,
- Outside of the tax season (2 ½ months), the office closes to clients at noon on Fridays to create the opportunity for flexible hours so that staff can have a longer weekend.
- Overtime during tax season does not exceed 12 hours/week which can be done in the office or remotely from home.
- Must hold a current CPA license
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or MBA degree
- 5+ years of tax experience required
- Strong current technical knowledge and skillset
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong project management and multiple engagement skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Presentation skills
- Tech savvy, keeps up with current law changes, familiar with working in the Cloud and a paperless environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Quickbooks
- Knowledge of tax software such as Ultra Tax
skills: Excel, Quickbooks
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.