A fast growing international development company seeks a senior level accountant. The International Accountant will be an integral member of the finance and accounting team in the determination of complex accounting treatments, including asset management, business combinations, debt, and revenue recognition. The Senior Accountant will support day-to-day accounting activities including recording journal entries and transactions; reconciling general ledger accounts; and upholding the company's standards, policies, and procedures. This position reports to the Controller.
location: Silver Spring, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Recommend technical accounting treatment of complex ledger entries (leases, assets, consolidations, etc.) to the Controller and VP of Corporate Finance
- Serve as the primary home office point of contact for field office accounting staff. Ensure timely data from field offices, perform quality review of field office GL transactions, and be available for questions and support
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Help ensure compliance with applicable standards (i.e., GAAP, CAS), rules, regulations, and systems for internal control.
- Help to identify and address areas for improvement in our processes
- Research and resolve accounting discrepancies in a timely manner
- Support internal and external audits
- Provide other operations and administrative support as required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business, or other relevant field; master's degree preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of prior technical accounting work experience
- Experience with cost accounting and financial management in government contracting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated self-starter with leadership skills, versatility, critical thinking skills, and integrity
This company is based in Montgomery County MD but this position will work remotely until at least 2021. Salary for the position is $75,000 -85,000.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.