Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
Currently working with a large publicly traded company in San Francisco on a Senior Financial Accounting Analyst role within their corporate accounting group. Position will support the Senior Manager on a variety of areas from coordinating the month-end close process, supporting accounting for afflicted entities, financial reporting, variance analysis, etc. Qualified candidates will have either 4+ years of public accounting or industry experience within a mid-size or larger company or a combination of the two. Please apply for more information.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Senior Financial Accounting Analyst Position Summary
We are seeking a highly motivated, capable Senior Accounting Analyst to work in our Corporate Accounting team. This individual should have strong analytical skills and be detail oriented and self-directed. He or she should have excellent oral and written communication skills. This individual will be responsible for but are not limited to the accounting for financial accounting, external reporting, and/or other accounting groups. Job Responsibilities Reviews and interprets policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations as it relates to affiliate transactions:
Monitors and develops monthly or daily reports and provides record of assets, liabilities and/or other transactions:
- Review data for consistency and ensure proper recording of transactions according to established guidelines. If different, validate the accuracy of transaction by reaching out to appropriate stakeholders.
- Identify & resolve discrepancy arose which creates out-of-balance situation between subledger and reported GL balance; be able to work independently or with minimal supervision to research discrepancies and document remediation plans.
- Be the subject matter expert in regulations for Corporation and affiliates
- Work with business partners to develop appropriate guidelines to ensure compliance in result reporting.
- Research & ensure proper rules and regulations pertaining to various areas.
Interprets data, reports and records for managers/stakeholders:
- Acts as the primary month-end closing process coordinator and partners with I.T. and Finance Application Services team to facilitate month-end closing with evening work hours possible during month close.
- Assists in the month-end closing process including journal entry preparation.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations, including communications with appropriate internal and external business partners to understand / resolve reconciling items.
- Prepares monthly variance analysis.
- Prepares supporting documentation for annual and quarterly financial, tax and regulatory filings, and/or income tax return.
- Performs monthly and quarterly consolidation of parent company.
Assists in setup of processes, procedures and other improvement efficiencies:
- Provides supporting documentation and explanations to internal and external auditors
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of assigned sections and be able to respond to inquiries.
- Provide recommendations to manager and director with supporting analysis.
- Manages communication with internal and external parties
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement, promotes a "best practices" environment.
- Leads efforts to promote efficiency within existing processes in areas of responsibility.
- Contributes to the department and company projects initiatives to improve processes and understands / translates financial impacts.
- Performs quarterly Sarbanes-Oxley testing for compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Six or more years relevant experience
- Proficient computer skills (Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of financial analysis and internal controls
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SEC and FERC requirements
- Excellent research and issue resolution skills
- Ability to assess and recommend solutions for complex projects
- Can use logic to solve problems, does not stop at first answers
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and passion for excellence
- CPA or equivalent desired
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.