This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The CAO supervises one staff accountant and two accounting specialists, and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. This role requires a hands-on leader who will emphasize process improvement, teaching, and growth of staff to improve performance and job satisfaction.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Oversee all accounting functions and supervise all accounting staff
- Ensure all accounting transactions are processed correctly and on time. Accounts Payable (A/P) sub-ledger and General Ledger (G/L) reports are produced by the accountants
- Ensure supplier invoices are reconciled and payments made
- Reconcile the financial transactions on a monthly basis
- Validate and Reconcile Inventory and Fixed Asset Accounts
- Liaise with department / cost center heads to collect data for preparation of budget and forecast
- Compare actual with budget and determine reason for the variance on a monthly basis
- Prepare year-end financial statements / supporting schedules
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration
- 5+ years of progressive experience
- CPA Preferred
Click to apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and discuss your qualifications today!
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.