Our client is seeking a hands-on Controller to ensure the company's accounting and administrative function continues to scale and support the company's rapid growth. The right individual for this role is a proven, strategic finance executive with a passion toward operational excellence, great attention to detail and proven ability to work successfully with senior leadership.
This is a direct hire permanent position that is inclusive of a competitive base salary, bonus, and benefits package.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 6 Years
- Oversee activities related to traditional general accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, general ledger, etc.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP and statutory reporting requirements
- Responsible for the coordination of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close and related reporting
- Champion process improvement efforts to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and general ledger activities
- Develop accounting processes, systems and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Advise leadership team members on customer contract terms, revenue recognition policies, expense management, and other financial matters
- Work on other special projects involving accounting systems, data integrity, general ledger reporting and optimization, and other compliance issues
- Develop, analyze, and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of expense and cash control, performance against budget, sales productivity and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization
- Manage tax return and financial audit processes and interface with external accountants and auditors
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes
- Maintain the Company's system of accounts and keep books and records on all Company transactions and assets in compliance with applicable accounting principles and Company policy
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- 6+ years of progressive accounting management experience, including public and private accounting experience
- Deep working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and key principles of application for a wide array of finance and accounting areas
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience leading external audits and managing their timelines and costs
- Strong leadership and management skills, with proven experience in mentoring and growing skills of direct reports
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong presentation skills
- Detail oriented with superior organization skills
skills: Excel, CPA, CPA Candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.