A Randstad client in the Burbank area is seeking an Accounts Receivable clerk to join their team. We are searching for detail-oriented, analytical Accounts Receivable Professional to assist the department as it receives, processes, and collects on goods sold or services rendered.
You will work closely with internal departments to ensure that accounts are properly billed and that payments are collected on time. You will also review account information, correct discrepancies, and speak to clients to establish better payment terms.
location: Burbank, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 20 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: High School
experience: 5 Years
- Work with Customer Service Team to maintain and update a monthly billing file for all clients
- Perform the process of transferring and posting the monthly billing to our accounting software SAGE
- Copy over and convert all email client invoices to a PDF version for electronic transmittal
- Create individual emails for all clients receiving an electronic invoice (approximately 300 per month)
- Create and send specific billing reports and breakdowns to clients designated as specialized billers
- Mail out all remaining invoices
- Download and Post all transactions from the online banking portal including client payments and general journal entries
- Create a bank deposit for all checks received through the mail, and post those deposits to the correct customer
- Create and post all credit card transactions per client
- Make daily collection calls
- Conduct account research and analyze why payment has not been made and what steps need to be taken to get that payment received
- Prepare and maintain various reports
- Maintain an accurate aging report
- Identify and execute the necessary credit and debits to reconcile the accounts
- Send statement to outstanding customers, and have diligent follow up's to keep the accounts up to date
- Reconcile A/R to the G/L
Must have the ability to multitask throughout the day, and have good communication sills with your internal team as well as good communication skills with your customers.
Make the best career decision ever. Send us your resume!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.