Cost Accounting, Controller will partner with leaders from all production departments to improve overall production costs through transforming data into intelligence and promoting a cost optimization mindset across the organization. The Cost Accounting Controller will direct activities of forecasting, actuals analysis, product costing, manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. Cost Accounting, Controller will provide recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of Company goals.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 9 Years
- Ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the monthly close including an understanding of all variances, impacts of inventory counts on results and cost center charges. Provide support to production in the analysis of these variances and in the development of product costs.
- Maintenance of standard costing and inventory management
- Safeguard the assets by maintaining accurate balance sheets and reconciling timely. This includes physical observation of inventory and fixed assets, as required by company policy
- Improve business processes and standard cost accounting process in addition to performing special ad hoc analysis
- Prepare various financial analysis related to manufacturing costs, inventory, and expense information for various business units as needed for decision making support.
- Supervise new raw material, packaging, Work-in-Process (WIP), and Finished Goods (FG) items; audit production Bill of Materials (BOMs); maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Perform KPIs and GAP analysis and lead and manage the quarterly/annual excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Prepare actual vs. plan (budget) analysis
- Interact with Financial Planning & Analysis, Sales and Cost on strategic projects and prepare quarterly forecasts
- Lead financial evaluation and capital requests and prepare gross margin reconciliations.
- Analyze changes in raw materials, manufacturing methods to determine effects on costs.
- Review and analyze actual production costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Prepare estimates of new and proposed product or service costs and recommend cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Monitor costs of goods and production components and maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Ensure strong controls environment and actively identify and address deficiencies
- 4 year degree in Accounting/Finance or Business; MBA is a plus
- 10-years plus of Cost Accounting and Finance & Accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting and manufacturing experience
- Advanced Excel skills. Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
skills: Cost Accounting, Inventory, Inventory Physical, Cost Reporting, Direct Cost, Activity Based Cost, Cost of Goods Sold, Material Requirement Plan/MRP, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Manufacturing Cost Acct, Activity Based Costing, Standard Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.