The Accounts Payable Representative classifies and records numerical data to keep financial records complete and ensures accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings of transactions. This position compiles data, computes fees and charges, and prepares invoices for billing purposes.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 20 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Processes all accounts payable in accordance with company policies on purchase orders, contracts, vendor invoices, etc.
- Maintains list of unprocessed vouchers that need to be accrued at month's end and communicates this information to the Accounting Department.
- Assists the supervisor with various cash control schedules and procedures.
- Coordinates with Purchasing Department regarding items on the match exception list to ensure any match exception is reconciled.
- Assists vendors and departments with inquiries regarding payment status of invoices.
- Notifies the supervisor of any urgent or credit hold situations.
- Completes all accounts payable posting and accrual responsibilities in accordance with the monthly financial statement close schedule.
- Performs timely resolution of both internal and external customer inquiries as required via email and phone.
- Reviews vendor statements for open balances and requests copies of outstanding invoices and credits.
- Performs duplicate payment audits, documents reasons and communicated to management the results / reasons to ensure training is conducted to prevent future occurrences.
- Reconciles vendor payment/s to explanation and accuracy.
- Maintains and utilizes all written policy and procedures implemented within the Accounts Payable department.
- Updates Vendor files with W9 information to ensure proper recording of 1099 forms.
- Performs stops payments and reissues as required and within company policy.
- Enter credit memos as required for refunds, overpayments, duplicate payments.
- Supports the month-end invoice posting process by assisting in invoice entry.
- Establishes payment arrangements with vendors and monitors to ensure payment was received within policy.
- Responds to all inquiries and correspondence from attorneys, collection agencies, and patients.
- Monitors to include adjust and create monthly recurring vouchers for contract and lease requests/agreements.
- Research and identify returned checks as required.
- Monitors automate check request process to ensure users are submitting items correctly.
- Creates new employees, adjusts and resolves issues with the On-line travel tool called 'Expendables.'
- Perform electronic XML uploads from Excel to PeopleSoft Pharmacy based invoices.
- Associate's degree or equivalent years of experience in a related Finance field.
- 2+ years' experience in Accounts Payable or Accounts Receivable environments.
- In-depth knowledge of the accounting / payable process.
- Experience in analyzing AP payment issues and following up to conclusion.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working in PeopleSoft Accounts Payable system is preferred.
skills: A/P Processing, 1099s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.