Candidates should have excellent customer service, negotiation, communication and analytical skills. Experience with B To B credit and collections in the commercial supply industry would be a plus.
location: Edison, New Jersey
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Post daily receipts, bank deposits and credit card payments
- Ensure company credit approval guidelines are followed by company sales reps and customers
- Analyze and assess the creditworthiness of account/customer using credit risk management tools/reports
- Create and maintain credit history files
- Manage all collection efforts and document collections activity
- Research and settle account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Responding to customer questions and resolving issues
- Clerical functions such as billing, estimates, monthly statements, etc.
- Treasury functions such as bank deposits, manual wire payments, and credit card transactions
- Posting payments to the general ledger and conducting daily cash reconciliation
- Analyzing customer payment plan, payment history, and credit line
- Collecting customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Making collection calls on outstanding accounts
- Submitting delinquent accounts to attorney or outside agency for collection
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations
- Process small-claims complaints
- Perform account/payment reconciliations
- Identify delinquent accounts for external collection efforts and bad debt or financial exposure
- Prepare periodic reports for management.
- Associate's degree or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of accounts receivable experience.
- Experience with reconciling the accounts receivable ledger, developing, implementing, and maintaining A/R accounting policies and procedures.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.