A large financial institution is currently seeking a Senior Writer
to work with their Creative Design Marketing Team. The ideal candidate must have strong financial writing experience and will be responsible for ensuring the brand values are applied across marketing initiatives and experiences. Will be expected to deliver customer-centric, engaging, and measurable user experiences and customer journey narratives done in support of a broad product portfolio, for a range of audiences.
The Senior Writer must have extensive digital writing and editing experience, understand the changing trends in our industry, and be highly motivated in advocating for clarity, brevity, and simplicity in the language they use. Must be able to produce 2-3 writing samples
. This is a 18 month engagement and is available for immediate hire.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Revises and repurposes existing content. Updates materials to reflect current tone, statistics and time frames. Ensures content adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Recommends revisions to communications to ensure alignment with organizational tone and current industry practice.
- Develops original content. Collaborates with content stakeholders to understand and follow strategic direction, key objectives, and themes for content. Researches statistical, product, audience, and other relevant information to successfully complete writing assignments. Utilizes online information, statistical databases, and research library. May conduct interviews with senior business leaders and investment professionals. Writes original content for communications, including, but not limited to, marketing materials, reports on markets and portfolios, articles, and topical pieces for various audiences. Ensures content aligns with business goals, communicates the desired message to the intended audience, and adheres to corporate brand standards, style guides, and legal and compliance guidelines. Translates content for delivery in multiple channels, utilizing the content management tool to develop individualized sets and elements and to tag for search engine optimization. May synthesize input from sources with diverse perspectives to create content representative of collective contributors; may provide rationale for content decisions to senior team members.
- Liaises with other business groups. Collaborates with Marketing and other business groups on larger campaigns or initiatives to ensure alignment with project objectives. May serve as creative lead on development and distribution of broad communication efforts to update, educate and provide direction to regionally-specific associate populations.
- Keeps abreast of company, industry and regulatory changes, and internal initiatives
- Manages writing projects. Collaborates with others to guide process and ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner. Ensures changes in content and schedules are communicated to the appropriate associates within the project work group and any other relevant areas. Acts as the primary contact for a project's reviewers during circulations. May collaborate with the Designer to develop layout and concepts.
Must Provide 2 to 3 Writing Samples
- Seeking a senior-level writer with 5 years of financial writing experience in a creative, Corporate environment.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Financial investment knowledge/experience with strong knowledge of digital design, ADA Guidelines, user interaction design, and Agile or Waterfall project management experience.
- Requires at least 5 years of financial writing experience in a creative, corporate environment
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Marketing or similar; Advanced degree and experience a plus
"Click to Apply" For immediate consideration
skills: Analysis - Brand/Market
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.