Excellent opportunity to work for a dynamic, cutting edge company with an immediate need for an Accounting Manager. Our client has continued to grow and looking to hire an Accounting Manager (Direct Hire) to join their team.
This is a key position leading and managing the accounting function for the organization. The Accounting Manager will oversee a staff responsible for general ledger maintenance, month end close, financial statement preparation and, consolidation, analysis and reporting. The Accounting Manager will drive improvements to internal controls and streamline policies and procedures.
location: Waltham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for
- timely and accurate accounting and financial reporting for the company
- manage the month end close
- financial statement preparation and review
- fixed assets
- coordinate audits
- streamline processes and maximize efficiencies
- work with Sr Management to interpret and implement new rules/regulations; ensure SOX and US GAAP compliance
- train, motivate and develop staff; direct activities to hit all objectives in timely and efficient manner
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience
- CPA/MBA desired
- Public accounting experience is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with management at all levels are required.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail oriented professional, with the ability to handle multiple priorities while adhering to strict deadlines.
- This person will also be self-motivated with the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel are a must
skills: Year End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.