My client located in Fort Lauderdale is seeking a strong Accounts Payable Team Lead that will oversee, supervise and mentor current AP department and staff.
This will be a remote role for the time being until they return to the office space (no details on a future date as of yet).
My client has an excellent company culture!! The entire staff are personable, upbeat and very much team oriented. The Accounts Payable Team Lead will report into the Director of Finance who has such a pleasant personality and will have an indirect report into the current Accounting Manager, which is an amazing leader and mentor.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 3 Years
- The Accounts Payable Team Lead will oversee and supervise the workflow of the current A/P staff (2 AP Specialists) to ensure invoices, corporate credit cards and expense claims are approved, accurately coded and processed for payment as well as supplier reconciliations
- Reconciling past due invoice statements providing final resolutions for all outstanding payables monthly
- Work with the Purchasing team to drive process improvement in the procure-to-pay process
- Manage the timely production of weekly payment runs
- Supervision of bank accounts and bank reconciliations as well as assisting with cashflow forecasting
- Review current processes and project management process improvements with
documented policies and processes.
- Review current internal controls and implement improved controls
- Accounts Payable Team Lead who has proven track record of developing, implementing and maintaining systems, policies and procedures as well as internal controls relating to accounts payables
- Exceptional supervisory skills with the ability to influence, train and mentor staff to achieve objectives
- Strong communication skills
- Creates a positive team environment
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- A strong work ethic with a focus on delivery
- An analytical thinker with a questioning nature and the ability to challenge the ways things are done
- Systems proficiency in Excel and general accounting and reporting software
skills: Accounts Payable, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.