A growing manufacturing company based out of Union City, CA seeks an immediate HR Generalist to perform HR-related duties on a professional level, working closely with HR Manager to accomplish goals. There is involvement in the broad range of functional HR areas including recruitment, on-boarding, benefits, training, and employee relations. This position provides a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
location: Union City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 3 Years
- Coordination of recruitment & staffing, hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Assist HR Manager with employee relations issues, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and 401k, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Solid working knowledge of ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, SDI and Workers' Compensation, FMLA/CFRA leave tracking and EEOC compliance
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs in conjunction with HR Manager
- Performs ADP payroll processing as a backup, and updates employee information on HRIS System
- Maintains workplace safety and is part of Safety Committee.
- Up-to-date on all federal and state HR related law/regulations & compliance
- Coordination of all company-wide events
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Bilingual in Spanish - nice to have
- Must have five plus years of previous experience in a similar position
- Strong Generalist with experience with recruiting, benefits, safety, & workers compensation
- Experience in payroll processing (ADP preferred)
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- PHR Certification is a plus
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.