A Global logistics company in the El Segundo area is looking to add an AP Specialist to add to their Accounting team!
location: Long Beach, California
job type: Contract
salary: $16 - 18 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: High School
experience: 3 Years
The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage the invoice process for all vendors. And will ensure efficient transaction processing and provide excellent customer service to internal departments and external vendors. In this role, you will support senior management other projects and tasks as needed.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Processing high volume accounts payable invoices and checks run
- Problem solving and resolution of vendor accounts, working with vendor and operations team.
- Arranging payment of vendor invoices in a timely and efficient manner, via weekly check run, wire or ACH payment.
- Ensuring AP accounts are "clean and current".
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations for management.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of team, and expedite workflow.
- Ability to research, analyze, interpret, apply and resolve all issues related to vendors' disputes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task
- Accurate, timely processing of all accounts payable related transactions
- Strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables and Index Match
- Requires ability to perform task accurately and make decisions as guided by policies and procedures
- Effective planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workload
- Must be service oriented, and proactive in taking the initiative
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, with the ability to multi task under pressure
- Must have organizational skills; able to identify, plan and implement process improvements
- Strong communication skills and a team player
- Three or more years of Accounts Payable experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.