Randstad Professionals is assisting a global manufacturer just north of Fayetteville in need of a Corporate Controller.
Please note: Position is based north of Fayetteville
The Corporate Controller is a key role that supports the entire accounting and financial reporting functions for the business.
This position will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting and reporting activities to include month-end close, compliance, financial analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management and financial reporting.
The Corporate Controller guides the accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity and continuous improvement. This role is responsible for the direct supervision of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, cost accounting and monthly reporting. This role will manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues, in addition to creating procedures to make the reporting process more efficient and accurate. They will assist with the development and enforcement of internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Oversee and manage the general ledger and monthly close process
- Generate accurate, timely financials for the management team and operational units
- Provide financial support to business leaders
- Prepare ad hoc business case analysis, including financial models and analysis of business trends
- Proactively conduct variance analysis as required
- Review and analyze internal financial data to identify issues, opportunities and trends to provide business owners and senior leaders with financial analysis input that will drive decision making including project profitability, productivity analysis, and return on investment
- Assist with establishing and maintaining accounting policies and system of internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial and accounting information, promote accountability and safeguard company assets
Accounts Payable & Cash Management
- Oversee the account payable functions, ensuring cash discounts are taken and expenses are coded correctly
- Implement an automated, paperless requisition, purchase order, A/P management system with work-flow management
- Ensure the accuracy and timely filing of all sales and use tax reporting
Credit & Accounts Receivable
- Oversee the cash application and collection efforts
- Establish credit limits and terms for all customers
- Establish a new customer credit application and onboarding process
- Determine capitalized overhead rates
- Oversight of new product costing and standard cost updates
- Ensure manufacturing costs are being accurately captured by production line and work orders
- 10+ years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, including 5+ years in a management role with increasing levels of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MBA a plus
- Professional certification required, CPA or CMA
- JD Edwards ERP experience preferred
skills: General Ledger, CPA, General Accounting and Finance Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.