Randstad Professionals is assisting a global manufacturer based just north of Fayetteville, NC.
Please note: This position will be based in the greater Fayetteville area.
The Cost Accountant will be responsible for determining, recording, and reporting unit costs factors, provide management with cost and comparative reports along with analyzing actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard to actual costs; analyze changes in raw material pricing and manufacturing overhead for effects on production costs
Duties will also assist with month end close and other related special projects.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Establish labor and overhead rates and classify costs accurately
- Analyze work order variances and help maintain bills of material
- Evaluate and maintain accurate standard costs
- Assist in the improvement in internal controls related to inventory movement
- Generate PPV reports and analyze findings
- Evaluate actual production costs as compared to expected costs
- Lead and manage inventory costing and reserves processes and systems
- Understand assigned plant's inventory composition, customer base and its relationship with monthly sales to aid when addressing month-end or daily issues
- Assist with plants annual physical inventory counts
- Assist with month-end close process to include closing the month's inventory accounts in the most efficient manner, reconciling to ensure accuracy
- Assist Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable department with general ledger account coding on issues relating to assigned plants
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience as cost accountant in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MBA a plus
- Professional certification preferred, CPA or CMA
- JD Edwards ERP experience preferred
skills: Cost Accounting, Inventory, Cost Reporting, Cost of Goods Sold, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards, Manufacturing Cost Acct, Standard Costing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.