Director of Total Rewards
An E-commerce start-up is seeking a Total Rewards Director. The Director will be responsible for the strategic design of all Compensation and Benefit programs, which includes creating and maintaining policies, best practices, and leading program implementations. In addition, a primary focus of this role is to drive an enterprise total rewards strategy, which includes market-competitive executive Compensation and Benefits programs. The Total Rewards Director will also oversee HRIS and Payroll. Ideal candidates will have 10+ years of Total Rewards experience. Start-up experience preferred.
location: Fremont, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Drive company-wide total rewards strategy that supports the company's business and talent acquisition strategies to attract a highly diverse, multi-skilled workforce
- Conduct in-depth competitive research, analysis, and modeling for compensation programs including annual increase budgets, trends and impacts, equity utilization, ongoing pay equity analysis, and financial impact of incentive design scenarios, using compensation tools and systems
- Analyze benefit plan coverage and recommend innovative benefit strategies, policies and programs designed to attract and retain team members - Oversees the design, funding, governance, compliance, and administration of all ERISA governed programs including health and welfare, 401(k), etc
- Manage and facilitate successful delivery of the overall Performance Development System
- Manage the disbursement of US payrolls, including benefits, taxes, 401K activity, incentives/bonuses, as well as any other related compensation, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local county regulations
- Manage the reporting from ADP Workforce Now as it relates to gross payroll, tax deductions, benefit deductions and employee status change requests, to ensure consistency between systems and with source records
- Partner with functional leaders to address rewards, retention needs, and development of total rewards communications and trainings; provide advice on total rewards strategy (e.g. promotions/transfers, job offers, relocations) including policy and guideline interpretation, as well as annual and midyear compensation of base salary and merit analysis benchmarking (position analysis, leveling evaluations, and pricing) and updating ranges and structures.
- Be a trusted advisor to the team by providing unbiased coaching and counsel to improve individual and team capabilities and enhance manager effectiveness to meet the company's needs
- Build and lead a strong team of compensation, benefits and payroll professionals towards common objectives and outcomes that meet the needs of each business and support group across the company.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com
- 10+ years of experience in Total Rewards experienced preferred. Degree preferred.
- Deep knowledge of executive and non-executive compensation programs including equity planning and practices, base salary, variable pay and performance management, job evaluation, data analysis, research and predictive and project modeling.
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on key insights, trends, issue identification and recommendations.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, creative, flexible and consultative; strong sense of business needs and making decisions based on data and emerging priorities; high integrity and accountability.
- Ability to listen and use critical thinking to assess the needs and communicate accurate information concerning process, plans and procedures in a collaborative, team-based manner.
- Detail-oriented, proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects by analyzing data and driving sound decision-making.
- Thrives in and enjoys a collaborative team setting and is driven by a desire to be innovative in a high energy, small company environment.
skills: Benefit Administration, Deferred Compensation, Flexible Benefit Administration (Cafeteria Plan), Workers Compensation Reporting Claims, Benefit Cost Containment, Payroll Accounting & Benefits, FAS 123r / ASC 718: Compensation - Stock C...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.