job summary: Lead Technical Accounting Analyst
Currently working with a large multi-billion dollar publicly traded company in San Francisco that is currently seeking a Lead Technical Accounting Analyst for their team. Position will work on a variety of technical accounting matters from Equity, Debit, derivatives, revenue, leases, etc. Will help during quarter end with a few areas of SEC reporting, however, position is more ad-hoc basis with some routine work. Will have many interesting projects and work with a great group. Qualified candidates will have at least 4-5 years of either technical accounting experience or public accounting background auditing technical topics. Please apply for further consideration.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
Technical Accounting Analyst, Expert
San Francisco, CA, US, 94105
Requisition ID # 55540
Job Category : Accounting / Finance
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Finance and Risk
Job Location : San Francisco
This role analyzes contracts and concludes on lease and derivative accounting, prepares related journal entries, disclosures, documentation, and may work to implement or enhance IT systems. The successful candidate will work with business partners to evaluate potential opportunities and challenges using their understanding of technical accounting and then synthesize research, provide perspective and develop implications for line of business and/or company. This role will also work closely with External Reporting and may assist in preparation of financial statements and disclosures for SEC, and other regulatory filings.
Responsible for drafting and updating accounting policies, reporting requirements, rules and regulations:
- Performing analyses and documenting accounting conclusions for complex issues
- Developing recommendations to senior leadership
- Supporting the maintenance of comprehensive accounting policies
Ensures accuracy and compliance with U.S. GAAP and other accounting regulations:
- Contributing and/or leading implementation of new accounting standards and quantification of accounting impacts, including monitoring emerging standard setting at the FASB, SEC, and other regulatory boards.
- Preparing accounting conclusions for commodity power purchase agreements
- Preparing journal entries and disclosures for mark-to-market, price risk management, fair value and other
Establishes and maintains relationships with business partners:
- Building and maintaining relationships with key business partners (e.g. Energy Procurement, Regulatory Affairs, Risk Management, Treasury, Information Technology, Corporate and Capital Accounting) to contribute to early identification of transactions and changes that could have potential accounting / reporting impacts
- Assisting in the development of education and training for the business on accounting topics
Assists in the set-up of procedures and other improvement efficiencies:
- Contributing to the improvement in the effectiveness of communications with business partners, and gain efficiencies during monthly close and reporting
- Contributing to the department and company initiatives to improve processes and understands / translates financial impacts
- 4-6+ years of relevant accounting experience including technical accounting
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, or Business
- IT system implementation and maintenance experience
- Technical accounting experience working with debt, equity, derivatives and leases
- SEC Reporting experience
- Public Accounting Experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 8+ years of relevant experience
skills: Technical Accounting & Research
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.