Highly established Non-profit organization based in San Francisco is looking to add a Senior Accountant to their team as their portfolio continues to grow. This position will be a client facing role and will be responsible for supporting their financial processes including, budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, and grant management for foundation and governmental funds.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Senior Accountant role works as part of a team of 10 accountants, providing direct client support and addressing the accounting needs of our fiscally sponsored organizations. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, , this role assists our clients in achieving their mission by supporting their financial processes including, budgeting, financial reporting, forecasting, and grant management for foundation and governmental funds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service related to accounting, reporting, grant management, budgeting, and analysis including consistent accounting treatment of all transactions and timely, accurate reporting
- Ensures that the daily financial and accounting functions are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and all applicable regulatory requirements including those set forth by the Federal Accounting Standards Board (FASB), and legal rules and regulations for non-profit operations designated as IRS 501(C)(3) and 501(C)(4) organizations
- Provides documentation for the federal and state tax return preparation, and supports annual financial audits and single audits (OMB A-133) as needed including agency monitoring visits, and ensuring "audit readiness" of assigned grants
- Approve all cash disbursements for project caseload and monitor project cash flow to ensure compliance with funder regulations and Tides cash management policies
- Participate in monitoring of financial compliance issues and grant guidelines
- Summarizes and forecasts project revenues, expenses, and cash flows based on past, present and expected results
- Prepares and presents financial statements and related reports, including balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, and variance analysis to projects, and external and internal management team as required
- Participates in evaluating, improving and documenting policies and procedures related to fiscal sponsorship financial services
- May be required to train and/or guide other team members
- Other duties as assigned
qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and Experience
- Experiential knowledge of FAR, CFR and relevant OMB circulars as well as GAAP/FASB standards.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; ability to strive for high level of client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a diverse team, with attention to collaboration and working collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Demonstrates ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work related duties
- Self-motivated and organized with attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to be both diplomatic and confident
- Proficient in enterprise-wide accounting systems such as NetSuite, Blackbaud Financial Edge or Microsoft Dynamics
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products and Salesforce
- Proven track record of maintaining effective internal controls and developing efficient financial policies and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to see the big picture while understanding the details involved and the ramifications of the decisions made
- Proven ability to organize and support work flow processes that ensure high degrees of accuracy and accountability within team members
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant experience working in a similar position
- Non-profit accounting and government grant management experience
For immediate consideration please contact Michael.Ahmadi@randstad.com
skills: Client Service, Contract Administration, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, Non profit
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.