International Insurance Company specializing in the residential services and the recreational market is looking for a Director of Corporate Accounting Policy & Research to join their team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of Corporate Accounting Policy & Research is not only highly visible but you will take an active role in ensuring that significant transactions are properly accounted for and disclosed under IFRS and US Statutory Accounting Principles. As Director, you will assist with researching new accounting pronouncements as well as documenting the Company's position and change in accounting principles, practices, procedures and disclosure requirements.
The Director of Corporate Accounting Policy & Research will be a key leader driving the implementation of new insurance pronouncements such as IFRS 17 by providing documentation of the company's position on key pronouncement points, financial analysis, and close process improvements to support accounting interpretation decisions related to the adoption of this new guidance.
location: Amelia, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Master of Business Administration
experience: 0 Years
Job Duties Include:
- Research new accounting pronouncements as well as documenting the Company's position and changes in procedures and disclosure, with a significant focus on IFRS 17.
- Proactively identify, research, and develop solutions for new accounting pronouncements and accounting issues, as well as document the Company's related position and changes in procedures and disclosure.
- Providing training to team members on accounting issues and end-to-end accounting processes as defined for IFRS and Statutory compliance purposes.
- Track/analyze the Company's material deals and transactions as they relate to IFRS and Insurance Regulatory reporting requirements.
- Act as a liaison between the Company's internal and external audit partners on reporting and related MAR/SOX matters.
- Work with VP of Accounting on specific reporting topics and act as a driving force in the implementation of IFRS 17 requirements.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team in the preparation, documentation, and review of various disclosures and requirements.
- Participate in the production of IFRS and STAT financial statements, variance analysis, and development and monitoring of key metrics in line with monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines. Ensure compliance with global, regional, and local standards.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting - MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of relevant insurance industry experience is required
- CPA or equivalent
- 3-5 years public accounting experience, Big 4 or national firm
- Experience working with public companies and reviewing regulatory filings
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong GAAP, Statutory, and IFRS accounting knowledge and on the job experience with researching, documenting and recording complex ledger transactions.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and practices, insurance/reinsurance market trends and information, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Strong knowledge of insurance accounting systems and technology utilized within area of responsibility.
If you have strong technical skills ion MS Office Excel and Access and have experience working with Data mining and reporting tools like Cognos Advance or Oracle Sequel then apply for this Director of Corporate Accounting Policy & Research position today!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.