The Staff Accountant will assist in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process including preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations and analysis, preparing audit schedules, and special projects as assigned.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Assist with monthly close procedures, which includes the preparation of recurring month-end journal entries and adjustments in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with reconciling and analyzing various balance sheet accounts including identification and explanation of variances.
- Handle special projects and provide back-up support as needed for finance/accounting team.
- Interact with business managers and external auditors; provide clarification and accounting support.
- Assist with the documentation of current departmental procedures.
qualifications: Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
If you fit the job description above please send your resume to Nigel Butler @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a relevant role.
- Understanding of US GAAP.
- Experience using various accounting systems is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
skills: General Ledger, Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.