- Reports to the Project Accounting Supervisor,
- AP Specialist will perform data processing, including analyzing all incoming program requests for payment.
- This position requires the ability to process a high volume of documents inclusive of invoices, receiving documents and contracts that must be matched to budgeted amounts.
- This individual must be detail-oriented to ensure amounts are properly posted to the correct programs and appropriate accounts as well as in the correct time period. This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, providing excellent customer service at all times.
- The role is currently work-from-home and may require moving to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
location: Oakland, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 26 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Reviews, validates, and processes all invoices and authorizations for payment.
- Ensures all related information and documents are included. Payment types include, but are not limited to, mileage/travel, credit card charges, utilities, subcontractors, consultants, reimbursements and advances.
- Contacts project directors, vendors and others, as needed.
- Prepares vouchers for all payment types ensuring correct project and account number coding.
- Ensures proper paperwork and required documentation are submitted with all payment requests.
- Works with other departments on reconciliation of over expenditures and other budget-related matters.
- Timely completes monthly close process ensuring received invoices are processed and ensures appropriate accruals are prepared
- Handles special requests by programs in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings and site visits relative to assigned programs.
- Handles vendor discrepancies and past due balance reconciliations.
- Assists, when needed, with data entry and check run processing.
- Assists with obtaining required data for audits inclusive of pulling supporting. documentation, and compiling data in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Organization.
2 years of experience preferred. Oracle Fusion or similar ERP accounting software a plus. Education:
AA in Accounting required, with a four year bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Knowledge:
Experience in an accounting environment processing a high volume of accounts payable a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.