Since 1983 our passion has been simple. We want to help you grow both personally and professionally. We have a positive, exciting environment. It's a place where new ideas and opportunities are encouraged. A place where life-changing experiences are created. When you join our team, you'll receive the support you need to grow inside the office and out because we believe that business success and personal fulfillment go hand in hand. Maybe that's why we're such a great place to work. We realize that being successful at work is only the tip of your iceberg.
The Junior Loan Officer Association program is a 6-month training and mentorship to develop employees into Direct Loan Officers. Some candidates may graduate sooner than 6-months based on meeting or exceeding requirements. Direct Loan Officers guide borrowers who have responded to corporate-generated marketing plans through the loan application process to get the best possible type of loan for their specific needs. This includes evaluating, identifying and recommending the options av
location: Middletown, Rhode Island
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
responsibilities: As a Junior Loan Officer:
· Provide customer service and logistical support to two experienced loan officers.
· Make a minimum number of outbound calls to develop leads for experienced loan officers on a daily basis.
· Collect documentation from borrowers to complete loan application prior to submission to processing.
· Close $2.5 million in funded loan volume to advance to direct loan officer position. Direct Loan Officer Responsibilities upon Graduation:
· Convert inbound marketing leads into sales opportunities by leveraging our internal sales methodology and technology to build meaningful relationships with borrowers. Take a customer-centered approach and ask probing questions to uncover financial needs. Listen, educate and nurture customer relationships. Be curious and friendly.
· Qualify borrowers by navigating them through the loan application so their credit, income and collateral can be properly analyzed manually or by an AUS (automated underwriting systems). Ensure a complete and accurate 1003 to streamline process and set foundation for saleable loan.
· Educate borrowers on the different loan products available to them as well as the related terms and payments so they can make an informed decision. Set proper expectations and milestones with the borrower in order to close the loan in timeframe agreed upon with the customer. Take special care to define dates and deadlines on purchase loans.
- Education: College Degree in Business or Finance preferred, but not required.
- Experience: 2-5 years of sales experience, or comparable direct-to-consumer sales experience preferred.
- Skills: Must possess strong sales aptitude, competitive nature, and drive to succeed.
- License: Ability to obtain an NMLS MLO license in multiple jurisdictions prior to hire. License and industry training costs covered by company
- Systems: General computer literacy in a LMS (Lead Management System) or LOS (Loan Origination System), CRM (Customer Relationship Management) technology, and Social Media.
skills: Loan Processing, Loan Administration, Mortgage Lending, Mortgage Underwriting, Loan Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.