The Head of Compensation will have the opportunity to create strategies that will drive high-performance, positive business results, and shareholder value. The ideal candidate will be a strategic solution provider, combining in-depth knowledge of compensation principles, understanding of the business needs and market landscape. You will have the opportunity, along with senior leadership and the Board, to innovate and drive competitive Rewards for our growing organization.
location: Parsippany, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $175,000 - 200,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
- Act as the primary liaison with the executive compensation consultant to manage the LTIP Administration to ensure that all equity-based transactions are conducted efficiently and correctly, including grants & vesting, exercise of grants and accurate accounting of activity.
- Prepare materials for the compensation committee and board meetings as needed, attend meeting as a subject matter expert to support the CHRO.
- Design compensation architecture including compensation ranges, structure, short and long-term incentive plans, etc. in support of business needs. Apply expertise in quantitative analysis to see beyond the numbers and help influence and support business decisions.
- Lead the HR process, while working closely with Legal, on Public Proxy, 10k and 8k items as needed.
- Analyze salary survey data, market trends, and competitive practices and make recommendations to management regarding individual and organizational salary adjustments, merit budgets, structure adjustments, and incentive and equity eligibility levels.
- Responsible for ESPP strategy and administration.
- Innovate to solve for best in class programs to support our "pay for performance philosophy", for all merit-based and incentive-based compensation programs, as well as for evaluating and analyzing cost implications of current and proposed plans.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of legislation and work closely with legal to ensure existing policies are in compliance with applicable legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Execute annual compensation benchmarking initiatives. Identify areas for benchmarking, select reputable surveys to participate in, and analyze current pay against results. Make recommendations for reclassifying roles and adjusting base pay when needed.
- Subject Matter Expert regarding federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance via policy and compliance training.
- This role is mostly doer and part leader.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 10 years of experience in a publicly traded company required, and most recently.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in a compensation focused role with progressively more responsibility over time.
- Must be an expert in Excel.
- This role is part do-er and part leader, so you must have the proven ability to apply business strategy to analyze problems and to guide and develop solutions, while being the responsible person for doing the actual work.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of all aspects of administering equity-based programs, including accounting, tax and legal implications.
- In-depth knowledge of compensation theory and practice and knowledge of state and federal compensation laws and regulations required.
- Experience with problem solving, including issue spotting, analyzing data/information and presenting conclusions effectively. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, backing up proposals with good data.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor communications style across internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority. Experience navigating the complexities and ambiguity of a fast paced and innovative environment.
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to consult, influence, and directly support the senior leadership team.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity, and an ability to build strong, productive relationships across business.
- Strong decision-making skills, with ability to articulate the reason behind the decision and think on your feet.
- Strive in an entrepreneurial role, where hard work, rolling up your sleeves, grit and determination come naturally, and producing great results is your primary motivator.
skills: FAS 123r / ASC 718: Compensation - Stock C...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.