The Financial Reporting Accounting Manager will support and oversee the day to day accounting operations in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) rules, regulations and interpretive guidance.
location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assist in the preparation of documents filed with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other documents as necessary.
- Review accounting entries and work paper reconciliations for full general ledger including all subsidiary ledgers such as Inventory, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Maintain financial information files and records.Ensure compliance with company policies and proper internal controls. Investigates questionable data and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare journal entries, reconciliations, analyses and footnote disclosures related to various accounting areas as assigned.
- Follow controls and procedures to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Perform technical accounting research as necessary, and ensure appropriate disclosure included within the SEC filings
- Lead effort to automate and improve reporting efficiencies.
- Participate in a wide variety or serve as lead for ad hoc projects and analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
- CPA Preferred.
- 5 years GAAP and SEC financial statement preparation and disclosure experience required. Experience preparing SEC Form 10-Q and Form 10-K required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-task work environment and maintain attention to detail deadlines.
Click to apply or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest and discuss your qualifications. We are ready to interview you today!
skills: SEC Reporting, GAAP, 10-K, 10-Q
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.