An exclusive Randstad client in South Nashville is looking for an experienced Accounting Manager that is a team player with initiative, has a strong sense of ownership, and a high degree of dedication to improvement.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to perform accounting activities and analyze financial information. This position is required to meet deadlines, be flexible to do other tasks when needed, and have the ability to work without direct supervision.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and analysis of results within established deadlines.
- Responsible for monthly bank transactions and reconciliations, cash flow and application, payroll entries, and maintaining all other Balance Sheet accounts including prepaid expense and liability accounts
- Prepare and review cash flow, balance sheet and income statement and provide variance analysis
- Prepare monthly reports for key performance indicators, statistics, and other ad hoc reporting as needed, using Excel and other reporting tools
- Manage the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable process
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with minimum 5 years experience in Finance or Accounting related position
- CPA license, or plans to sit for the CPA exam preferred
- Knowledge of the financial accounting process, GAAP, and best practices
- Proficient in computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel skills required) and accounting information systems; Sage Intacct experience a plus
- High level of attention to detail with strong time management & organizational skills
Our Goodie Bags are Pretty Impressive!
skills: Account Reconciliation, Financial Statements, Bookkeeping, Accruals, Cost Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, Depreciation, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.