Senior Accountant Financial Services
A Randstad Financial Services client is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team immediately.
Please see details below.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to perform accounting activities and analyze financial information. This position is required to meet deadlines, be flexible to do other tasks when needed, and have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Responsible for month-end close procedures, including preparation of monthly journal entries, accruals, account reconciliations and analysis of results within established deadlines.
- Responsible for monthly bank transactions and reconciliations, cash flow and application, payroll entries, and maintaining all other Balance Sheet accounts including prepaid expense and liability accounts
- Prepare and review cash flow, balance sheet and income statement and provide variance analysis
- Prepare monthly reports for key performance indicators, statistics, and other ad hoc reporting as needed, using Excel and other reporting tools
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with minimum 5 years experience in Finance or Accounting related position
- CPA license or Master's in Accountancy preferred
- Knowledge of the financial accounting process, GAAP, and best practices
- Proficient in computer applications such as Office, Excel and ERP systems
- High level of attention to detail with strong time management & organizational skills
skills: Account Reconciliation, Bookkeeping, Accruals, Cost Accounting, Bank Reconciliations, Audit - Internal, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.