A top tier financial institution is looking for a licensed attorney to join their Legislative & Regulatory Monitoring and Analysis legal team.
This is a temporary role expected to be 3 months in duration, but an extension is highly likely. There is also the potential for the role to turn permanent.
Work will be 40 hours/week during standard business hours.
Work will be remote to start, but may resume in office in Minneapolis depending on COVID-19.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Law Degree
experience: 3 Years
The attorney will provide legal support to the Legislative & Regulatory Monitoring and Analysis legal team. The need is due to a backlog of legislative and regulatory changes that the team needs to issue. The job details include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting summaries of regulatory and legislative changes or proposed changes ("Change Alerts");
- Drafting summaries of enforcement actions ("Legal Enforcement Action Alert");
- Responding to inquiries concerning new regulatory changes and proposed regulatory changes; and
- Any other work, as directed by the Legislative & Regulatory Monitoring and Analysis legal team.
- Conducts research on matters pertaining to various aspects of the corporation's operations.
- Represents the corporation in negotiations and settlements with outside parties, their counsel, or governmental agencies.
- Provides legal advice on matters for personnel in operating or staff department, usually on issues where the law and related case materials are defined and documented.
- May support the work of more senior counsel and may consult with more senior counsel as circumstances dictate.
Background and requirements desired:
- An active license to practice law.
- We are looking for a strong writer, an attorney that can understand how to critically analyze a change in the law and a strong researcher.
- A collaborative personality type will work best with this team
skills: Legal, Business Analysis, Analysis - Risk, Risk - Analysis, Regulatory Compliance - Other
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.