Our client in Wellesley is looking to identify a new Controller to lead their accounting team. The Controller leads and directs the organization's accounting functions including the overall accounting systems, procedures and policies and is accountable for timely financial statements that comply with GAAP, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and devising, implementing and maintaining internal controls to mitigate risk.
location: Wellesley, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8:30 to 5:30
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
General functions include:
- Manage and direct all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process.
- Oversee all accounting operations for inventory control, customer invoicing and accounts receivable, accounts payable, and cash management.
- Preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Ensure cash flow is adequate and appropriate for company operations by forecasting and projecting cash flows.
- Work with the bank regarding weekly, monthly and annual reporting requirements.
- Experience with inventory accounting, including purchasing, calculation of freight, storage, insurance, etc., and gross margin analysis while working at a distributor or manufacturer.
- Primary contact with external auditors.
- Maintain payroll records and process payroll through the use of a third party.
- Establish internal controls over accounting transactions.
- Provide financial analysis and ad hoc reports as requested by senior management.
- Coordinate with and provide information to external tax professionals for the filing and payment of Federal and State tax returns including quarterly estimated payments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required., Master's Degree or advanced certificate preferred
- 8+ years accounting experience, with 3+ years managing a team.
- Proven record of effectively mentoring, managing, and developing accounting staff to maximize their professional potential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to work effectively with subordinates, peers, senior management and external contacts.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience working with external auditors, tax professionals, banking contacts, insurance companies, etc.
- ERP system experience and excellent knowledge of Excel.
Apply now for confidential review and consideration.
skills: Financial Statements, Inventory, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close, Year End Close, Inventory - Physical, Credit Line Management, Budgeting Forecasting & Management Reporting, $0-50 million, $50-100 million
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.