job summary: Staff Accountant Needed
Publicly traded company in Westchester County, NY is looking for a Staff Accountant to join their dynamic team! This person will be able to place an integral part of the month end close, SOX support and P/L management.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
The Staff Accountant will be directly involved with the month end close process including but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly journal entries for accruals, prepaid expenses and payroll while maintaining SOX compliance.
- Become responsible for reconciliations, balance sheet analysis, cash flow analysis and monthly P/L management.
- Work alongside internal controls and auditors
- Expense Accounting
- Special projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 0-3 years in a comparable role
- ? Advanced excel
- Big 4/Public experience is highly preferred
skills: Account Reconciliation, Journal Entries, Accruals, Bank Reconciliations, Month-End Close, SOX
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.