Seeking a Senior Accountant who will be responsible month end close, reconciliations, managing fixed assets, and working with other departments. If you posses this experience and are a self motivated and detailed oriented person please apply!
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare and post journal entries for all designated entities, while ensuring adequate supporting documentation is provided. Areas include cash, fixed assets, prepaid expense, accruals, payroll, goodwill, intangible assets, and other assets or liabilities.
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform operating intercompany reconciliations/settlements and drive continuous improvements over the intercompany reconciliation and settlement process.
- Assist in performing G&A allocations across the various entities.
- Analyze and document balance sheet and income statement, including G&A expenses, account balances and variances by legal entity monthly.
- Analyze realized and unrealized foreign currency gain/losses and perform revaluations on various balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in preparation of supporting schedules for Head Office supplemental reporting
- Interact with Accounts Payable, Cash Receipts & Disbursements, Ceded Re, FP&A, Technical Accounting, and Treasury departments on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA preferred, with over 4 years of experience in General Accounting.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP and IFRS Accounting Standards.
- Detail oriented and strong problem solver with solid analytical abilities
- Demonstrated positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills, should be able to effectively collaborate and interact with others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Preferred knowledge of SAP General Ledger Accounting system
- Experience with a reconciliation tool (i.e. BlackLine) is a plus
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot-tables, v-lookups, and other complex formulas is preferred
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.